Consider these statistics:
- 1 in 10 children is at risk from undiagnosed vision problems.
- 1 in 25 will develop strabismus (commonly known as crossed eyes) a risk factor for amblyopia.
- 1 in 30 children will have amblyopia (often referred to as lazy eye), a leading cause of vision loss in people under the age of 45 years.
- 1 in 33 will have blurry vision due to near-sightedness (myopia), far-sightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism, and will need to wear glasses or contact lenses.
- 1 in 100 will be have or be at risk for eye diseases such as glaucoma.
- 1 in 20,000 children have retinoblastoma (intraocular cancer), the seventh most common pediatric cancer.
At Cornerstone Optometry, no one is too young
to have their eyes examined.